Fr. Richard J Mroz
In Residence at St. Cecilia
- Dick is originally from Wisconsin. He served for 4 years in the USAF as a mechanic/crew chief on the U-2 reconnaissance aircraft in Tucson, AZ, Vietnam and Thailand. After military service he worked at Ford Motor Company for 5 years as a draftsman/designer in Dearborn, MI.
- After some seminary study in Michigan, in 1985 he moved to New Jersey to join the Community of God’s Love in Rutherford, a Catholic Charismatic Community. While there he worked for 2 years at Mid-town Drugs in Kearny stocking shelves, delivering prescription drugs to residents in the area and serving as an all around “go-for”.
- He entered Immaculate Conception Seminary at Seton Hall University, completed his theological studies and received a Master of Divinity degree. He was then ordained a priest for the Archdioceses of Newark by Archbishop Theodore E. McCarrick in 1992.
- Dick has served in St. Aedan’s in Jersey City, St. Philip the Apostle in Saddle Brook, St. Joseph’s in Oradell, St. Leo’s in Irvington as well as for two years as a pastor in Wisconsin and for three years in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. His last assignment was as a Hospital Chaplain at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center.
- Since retiring from his ministry as a Hospital Chaplain in 2016 he has been involved in the pastoral ministry of St. Cecilia and Our Lady of Sorrows parishes.